Analytics

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 2nd - 2011 Weekly Update

This update contains information about the following:

  • Featured Members
  • Videos
  • Upcoming Events
  • Featured Blogs/Discussions
  • ASK GROOVE
  • Atlanta Natural Hair Care Discounts



Featured Members


Nisha

Nisha joined at Atlanta Natural Hair Care in December of 2010. When asked about her journey she said, "I had been contemplating going natural for about 2 years and every time I would feel a crinkle, I would run to get a relaxer. But in Nov, 2009, I made the decision that I would not get a relaxer. The "creamy crack" was calling me but I stuck with it and after the 4th or 5th month, I started falling in love with my texture and what GOD blessed me with. I transitioned for about 11 months. I cut my relaxed ends every 4 - 6 weeks during this process. And on Nov 6, 2010 I completed the transition. I cut ALL of the relaxed ends!!!! I am glad I found this community and I love reading everyone's journey and I love sharing mine."


Warren Green

Warren joined Atlanta Natural Hair Care in December of 2010. His company, DecoArt Manufacturers, creates decorative coasters, light plate covers, magnets keychains and plaques. CLICK HERE to see pictures of their products.



Videos


Bedtime Hair Routines

This week we are featuring three bedtime hair routine videos from women with various hair types, including loose curls, long type B hair and a twa.


Witch Hazel No Poo!!

This week we are also featuring a video posted by ABAgail Dunn, "Witch Hazel No Poo!!".



Events


NHA SEMINAR SERIES // How to Grow Long Natural Hair

Saturday, January 8th - Three Sessions

CLICK HERE for event details



Girls R Groovy Too presents Natural Wonders

Step by step tutorials of healthy styling and maintenance techniques for girls' natural hair.

January 16, 2011 3:00pm - 5:00pm

Location: Sutera Hair Spa

CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.



Featured Blogs/Discussions


What's Your Story?

To start the year off we are featuring a discussion entitled, What's Your Story?. Check out the video of Natural Chica of NaturalChica.com's big chop and join in on the conversation. What is your story? What brings you to the world of natural hair care?



Ask Groove


This year we welcome Robin D. Groover to our team. Groover has specialized in styling natural hair without the use of chemical straighteners for over twenty years. She is an innovator in the world of natural hair care. Robin D. Groover Concept Salons such as Too Groovy and Sutera Hair Spa utilize the "Ceramic Fusion Styling Technique" created and mastered by Groover for producing silky straight hair without the use of chemical straighteners. Groover also created Groove Therapy, a line of hair care products specially formulated for natural hair, whether it is thermally straightened or worn in its natural state.

To kick things off we asked Groover to tell us a bit about herself and her personal hair challenges. CLICK HERE to see what she had to say.



Atlanta Natural Hair Care Discounts

Pura's products are made using raw, natural Amazon ingredients and hand blended to preserve their beneficial properties. The ingredients are filled with essential fatty acids, vitamins, and nutrients needed to create healthy skin and hair.


NaturalStylingGuide.com carries products from Curls, Curly Q's for Kids, Deva Concepts, and Jane Carter.



For advertising information contact us at ads@atlantanaturalhair.com or 404.277.5211.

No comments:

Post a Comment